Jewish Heritage Tour 9 Days-8 Nights
- DAY 1: HOME - ISTANBUL
- Flight to Istanbul. Arrive at the airport of Istanbul. Welcome and assist by our English speaking tour guide. All of the ladies will have fresh flowers and the gentlemen will have souvenir as a present by Lilium Tours & Incentives. Transfer to the hotel and check-in. During the key distribution “a welcome cocktail” will be served. Rest of the day at leisure. Dinner will be served at hotel. Overnight.
- DAY 2: ISTANBUL
- Morning visit to a Jewish Neighborhood, Galata. You will see the Galata Tower built by the Genoese in 1303. Visit to the local synagogues, Neve Shalom and the Askenazy. After lunch, visit to the Hippodrome, a 3rd century site, where chariots raced during the Roman period. Visit to the Blue Mosque, famous for its blue tiles and six minarets. Visit to St. Sophia, a world heritage site built in the 6th century. Then the tour continues with Archaeological Museum of Istanbul. Dinner and overnight will be at hotel.
- DAY 3: ISTANBUL
- Depart from hotel for a visit of the Balat Neighborhood where you will see the Star of David appearing on building facades. Visit to the 15th Ahrida and the Yanbol Synagogues. Visit to the Jewish home for the elderly along the Golden Horn. After lunch visit the Topkapi Palace, its priceless collection of jewels, and the Grand Covered Bazaar. Dinner and overnight will be at hotel.
- DAY 4: ISTANBUL
- Take a visit to the Egyptian Spice Market and Bosporus Boat Cruise, viewing the beautiful palaces and the European and Asian shorelines. After lunch drive over the bridge to the Asian side to visit the Synagogues in Kuzguncuk and Uskudar. Then take in the panoramic view of the city from the highest hill in Istanbul, Camlica Hill. Dinner and overnight will be at hotel.
- DAY 5: ISTANBUL - IZMIR
- Transfer to Istanbul airport for morning departure to Izmir. Transfer to hotel. Visit one of the local synagogues in Izmir, where the Jewish Community dates back more than 2000 years. Visit the Castle of Alexander the Great and the Agora. Dinner and overnight will be at hotel.
- DAY 6: IZMIR - PRIENE - MILETUS - EPHESUS - IZMIR
- Early morning departure for a visit to two of the ancient Ionian cities with synagogues, Priene and Miletus. Visit the ancient city of Ephesus and its Celsus Library, the theatre, the Roman baths, the Temple of Artemis (one of the Seven Wonders of the ancient world). Then the tour visits to Archaeological Museum of Selcuk. Return to Izmir for dinner and overnight.
- DAY 7: IZMIR - SARDES - IZMIR
- Morning departure to Sardes, the capital of ancient Lydia. View the significant ruins of the Acropolis. Visit to the Temple of Kybele and Diana, which later became a church. See the golden river Pactalos and the Royal Road. Then visit the reconstructed Synagogue, the Gymnasium and the new excavation area. Return to Izmir for dinner and overnight.
- DAY 8: IZMIR - ISTANBUL
- Transfer to Izmir airport for departure to Istanbul. Arrive and lunch will be served. After lunch time at leisure. Dinner and overnight will be at hotel.
- DAY 9: ISTANBUL - HOME
- After the breakfast, transfer to Istanbul Airport for onward flight.
END OF TOUR WITH THE SWEET MEMORIES OF TURKEY!!!