The Seven Churches of Revelation
I, John … was on the Island call Patmos, because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus. I was in the Sprit on the Lord’s Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet, saying, Wright in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches
The Seven Churches mentioned by St. John in the Book of Revelations (The Apocalypse) are all found in Turkey and each was a founding community of Christianity.
SMYRNA REVELATIONS: 2:8-11
PERGAMON REVELATIONS: 2:12-17
THYATIRA REVELATIONS: 2:18-29 Acts 16:14
SARDES REVELATIONS: 3:1-6
PHILEDELPHIA REVELATIONS: 3:7-13
LAODICEA REVELATIONS: 3:14-22
EPHESUS REVELATIONS: 1:11:2:1-7 Acts 18:19-28:19
- DAY 1: HOME - ISTANBUL (D)
- Flight to Istanbul. Arrive at the airport of Istanbul. Welcome and assist by our English speaking tour guide. All of the ladies will have fresh flowers and the gentlemen will have souvenir as a present by Lilium Tours & Incentives. Transfer to the hotel and check-in. During the key distribution “a welcome cocktail” will be served. Rest of the day at leisure. Dinner will be served at hotel. Overnight.
- DAY 2: ISTANBUL (B,L,D)
- After breakfast at hotel tour visits to Hippodrome the former center of sportive and political activities of Constantinople , Sultan Ahmet Mosque (Blue Mosque) which is famous with its blue Iznik tiles and unique six minarets, St. Sophia Museum the magnificent Byzantine Church of all times. After lunch, visit to Topkapi Palace (Treasury Section and Harem not included!) the former imperial residence from where the Ottoman Empire was ruled. Dinner and overnight will be at hotel.
- DAY 3: ISTANBUL (B,L,D)
- Breakfast at hotel and after a short visit to the famous Egyptian Spice Bazaar embark on a Private Cruise along the Bosporus. Disembark at Sariyer and have lunch at the restaurant. Then drive to the Asian Part of Istanbul. Visit to Yeditepe Hill for a panoramic view of the city. Also visit Beylerbeyi Palace the summer resident of the Ottoman Sultans. Dinner and overnight will be at hotel.
- DAY 4: ISTANBUL - IZMIR (B, L, D)
- After breakfast at hotel transfer to the Istanbul Ataturk Airport and flight to Izmir. Arrive at Izmir, meet and transfer to hotel. Visit to the Church of St. Policarp which is the oldest church in ancient Smyrna, it symbolized the community of the Seven Churches of the Apocalypse. Then visit to Alexander the Great’s "Velvet Castle" overlooking the bay of Izmir. Dinner and overnight will be at hotel.
- DAY 5: IZMIR - PERGAMON - THYATIRA - IZMIR (B,L,D)
- Breakfast at hotel and visit Pergamon, the Acropolis and the Asclepion, then drive to Akhisar to visit the Church of Ancient Thyatira. Return to Izmir. Dinner and overnight will be at hotel.
- DAY 6: IZMIR - SARDES - PHILEDELPHIA - PAMUKKALE (B,L,D)
- After breakfast at hotel drive to Sardes, ancient capital of the Lydians and visit the Church of Sardes. Continue to Alasehir where the Acient Philadelphia Church is located. Walk the streets of Philadelphia, after then proceed to Pamukkale, the white "Cotton Castle" with its lime cascades of the Roman spa. See the ancient city of Hierapolis. The Martyrium of St. Philip the Apostle is here. Enjoy a leisurely bath in the hot spring pool of your hotel. Dinner and overnight will be at hotel.
- DAY 7: PAMUKKALE - LAODICEA - APHRODISIAS - KUSADASI (B,L,D)
- Breakfast at hotel and visit to Eskihisar, the Ancient Laodicea, then drive to Aphrodisias, the city of the Goddess of Love, see the well preserved Stadium, The Temple of Aphrodite, the Odeon, the Theater, Agora and Hadrian’s Bath. Dinner and overnight will be at hotel.
- DAY 8: KUSADASI - EPHESUS - KUSADASI (B,L,D)
- After breakfast at hotel full day visit to the unforgettable remains of Ephesus, the House of Virgin Mary, the Archaeological Museum and the Basilica of Saint John. Dinner and overnight will be at hotel.
- DAY 9: KUSADASI - IZMIR - ISTANBUL (B,L,D)
- Breakfast and transfer to Izmir Airport and flight to Istanbul. Dinner and overnight will be at hotel.
- DAY 10: ISTANBUL - HOME (B)
- After breakfast at hotel and transfer to Istanbul Airport and return flight.
END OF TOUR WITH THE SWEET MEMORIES OF TURKEY!!!